AKELA provides a broad range of lasers and custom photonic solutions for defense and security applications. We have a proven record of developing products for major system integrators, such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and others.
Our portfolio of high-power diode lasers and systems supports developments in the following military applications:
- Range Finders
- Perimeter Security
- Target Designation
- Chemical and Biological Weapon Detection
- Infrared Countermeasures (IRCM)
- Laser Sensors for live Combat Simulation and Training
- Weapons Simulation (MILES)
- Ordinance Initiation
- Active Optical Target Detectors
- Beacons for Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF), as well as Search and Rescue (SAR)
- Dazzlers - directed-energy non-lethal weapons intended to induce temporarily blindness or disorient its target with intense light.